Baxi Combi 80e No Heating but Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Combi 80e boiler. Wouldn't you know it. Just as Christmas is approaching the boiler starts playing up. I get hot water but when I try and turn the heating on the orange 'Burner On' light keeps coming on and trying to light and then goes out again. Can anyone shed any light on this problem and is a DIY fix or am I going to have to be ripped off by a gas engineer at this time of year. I'm not saying they are all rip off merchants but I've been stung in the past

Sponsored Links
If the flame comes on the its probably a gas setting problem which will need a gas reg engineer to fix. Common problem.

Why do you think that engineers are likely to rip you off?

Dont you think a solicitor rips you off more by charging about £300 per hour and still making basic mistakes? I have a letter by me where they sent the wrong attachments! A very basic mistake! Also written a letter to someone they know is out of the UK for the next six weeks!

Tony

You can make sure the thermostat on boiler is set to high too, since if too low that will cause the cycling too.

Cracking answer from petetheplumber . not..
Possible 3 faults one requiring no parts 1 requiring a 12 quid part and last one requiring a £130 part.
A fault you want to be in front of to see exactly what its doing to give a proper diagnosis

Sponsored Links
Cracking answer from petetheplumber . not..
Possible 3 faults one requiring no parts 1 requiring a 12 quid part and last one requiring a £130 part.
A fault you want to be in front of to see exactly what its doing to give a proper diagnosis
Since we know little then ensuring the setting are right is not so bad before calling someone. For most customers the problem is not the cost of the part it's the cost of the labour.

Tell me how turnin a boiler stat up would alter the gas lighting pressures ??.
Its not cycling if you read it, its not establishing or reconising a flame totally unrelated

Tell me how turnin a boiler stat up would alter the gas lighting pressures ??.
Its not cycling if you read it, its not establishing or reconising a flame totally unrelated
I had not read it properly, what is it they say, more haste less speed, doesn't make sense but you know what I mean. Cycling is not an issue, apologies.javascript:emoticon(':(')

No i didnt miss it which is why i have said it could be 1 off several faults and needs to be seen to see exactly whats happening.

prices quoted where for one of them and one of those ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back