Baxi Combi Boiler 80e or 105e - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've recently moved into a brand new house about 3 months ago.
Last night there was no hot water.
I checked the boiler which is new (as old as the house) and when i turn the hot water on the 'tap node' glows which is what it should do, then the flame symbol glows briefly for about 1 second then goes off, then goes on again for 4 seconds then goes off....repeatedly. The water tap next to the boiler does get look warm prbably because it's closest to the boiler. However all other taps including shower are stone cold. I've tried resetting it to no luck.
The flame failure is indicated.
The pressue reading is at what is should be between 0.5 and 2.5.
Cany anyone shed any light?

Sponsored Links
It's not something you're lilkely to be able to fix, unless it's a sticking pump. Drop the front cover - pump is right of centre. undo big central screw (dribbles) insert screwdriver, try to find the slot in the end of the shaft, and turn shaft. If there's a knob instead of a screw, unscrew it, pul land turn.

It will of course still be covered by the g'tee.

AHHHH thanks for the help, I don't fancy doing that as if i mess up it might void my gt.
:mad:

Sometimes they wake up if you thump them with the heel of your hand - worth a try at a weekend?

Sponsored Links
Thump the pump , not the boiler! Even the best quality pumps can stick. But I wouldn't argue with you about quality of plumbing stuff. Your boiler is pretty typical.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back