baxi duotec combi 24he boiler, loud high pitched humming, whining noise.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have an 8yo old baxi duotec combi 24he boiler.
When the gas central heating is running, it makes a constant loud high pitched humming/whinning noise.
The tone lowers for about 5 seconds, each time the boiler reignites to heat the radiator water. Before then returning to the same level.

I am in the room above the boiler, the noise is quite loud and its persistence gives me ringing ears.
[see the link to hear the noise, recorded upstairs. the recording does not capture how loud the note is, only its tone ].
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2It1xwGdQ1IX012T1FXYVJLb1E/view?usp=sharing

Further info,
If the central heating is off, but the hot water tap is turned on. The boiler makes the same sound but at a much quieter level.

the diverter valve?* was replaced last week, but the noise is still there.
*Im sure the engineer said he replaced the diverter valve, after I also said that when the hot water tap is turned on for over five minutes, the radiators would fill with warm water.

--
My questions:
1. What is the noise likely to be coming from in the boiler? [or where has similar noise come from in other related boilers]
2. And when I call out the baxi engineer again, to attempt to identify the noise source. What are the likely parts, where they should first start their fault finding?

Thanks
Jon

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back