Baxi guarantee registration scam WTF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Phoned the number on the front of the boiler to register the guarantee, "press button 1 if your an installer", "if your an installer registering for a customer, press button 1 again, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, so phoned again, this time on pressing button 1 for the second time, a voice tells me to get customer to phone and for them to press butoon 2, WTF :evil:

Right so phone again and pretend to be customer and press button 2, the operator then proceeds to ask me what the boiler price was, I said I didn't know as it was part of a bigger job and not happy at giving out those sort of details, then he trys to sell me a contract trying to frighten me with prices like a service would be about £120.00, it's a Solo 15HE FFS :evil:, then trys to frighten me with repairs can be £300.00 blah blah blah :evil:, I told him my installer would be serviceing and repairing it like he has done for years with all my requirments, he went on and on, andf on and on,bloody sharp practice if you ask me, he thought I was a little old lady, think I will be looking at fitting Icos's again, cheeky gits :evil:

Sponsored Links
thats a bit shady. All the manufacturers are now out to steal our work unfortunately, i dont think it matters which one it is. If you register a warranty with vaillant or glowworm they contact the customer on the year for the service and on the 2 yrs about service cover. However if your an approved installer and offer the extended guarantee they leave them alone.
I mostly install atags now anyway, none of that nonsense from them.

yep nearly all the manus are up to it , they have never really understood who there customers are all a bunch of scheisters if you ask me & if it is not the manus , it can be the service agents in some cases like the Biasi uk agent that is or used to be down this way !!

Incidentally there is no paper work or registration docs to fill in or calls that need to be made to J&S , nothing !!!!

".. he thought I was a little old lady, .."

Do you have a high, quavery voice then, Pedantic ? :D

Sponsored Links
Incidentally there is no paper work or registration docs to fill in or calls that need to be made to J&S , nothing !!!!

same with vaillant/glowworm unofficially. If you dont register the guarantee they'll just work off the date on the serial no. or any installer paperwork/benchmark the customer has.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back