baxi insert 2 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Having a problem with my baxi boiler, sometimes when the ch is switched on it will run for approx 15 mins then the grey plunger clicks out and the pilot light goes out, relight pilot but then will click out again after 2 min.This carries on for a couple of days then all of a sudden all works ok for 2-3 weeks then fault re-occurs.
HELP!!!!!

Sponsored Links
You need and rgi for this one i am afraid as unable to give out gas specific info.

Try getting someone recommended

It's not specific to talk about possible faults, for heaven's sake.

Thermocouple maybe?

Sponsored Links
Look pal we both know there are plenty on here that will 'have a go' once we have done the diagnostics. I am not saying this OP will but as we both know it almost certainly requires an rgi to fix legally why do you bother to point the way....

You are either showing off your knowledge, don't care if he has a go or are not bothered you might be doing another rgi out of potential work.

Only you know which it is. :rolleyes:

If he knows what the problem is and makes that clear when he gets someone out - then he won't get ripped off. No information re the repair is necessary.

And I'm not your pal. (I'm not anybody's pal. :p )

If he knows what the problem is and makes that clear when he gets someone out - then he won't get ripped off. No information re the repair is necessary.

Thanks for your input sorry if i started an online row just needed some advice, have no intention of fixing myself just wanted an idea so as i'm not told a load of bull by an engineer

Stupid comment Joe. :eek:
OP, Ask the RGI to inspect the Pilot Assy and carry out checks on the flueing - never in a 100 years will it need a new t/lead.

One would suspect its not been serviced in a good while :eek: .

OP, you cannot repair this boiler yourself, albeit (probably) a simple repair due to lack of your maintenence.

Mr. W.

Thanks for the help guys, just out of curiosity how often should the boiler be serviced at present we have it services by a rgi every year without fail.

Thanks for your input sorry if i started an online row just needed some advice, have no intention of fixing myself just wanted an idea so as i'm not told a load of bull by an engineer

Thanks for the help guys, just out of curiosity how often should the boiler be serviced at present we have it services by a rgi every year without fail.

If you dont trust an RGI, why use them?

Mr. W.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back