Baxi/Potterton & Problem Company cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some advice. Am with Corgi home plan. Constantly pressing reset on a Baxi/Potterton Solo 15HE as only way it works. Company/Engineers say it is an "intermittent ignition fault but until the part packs up completely, they can't do anything as they don't know which part of the ignition system needs changing".
They say "don't press we need to see in non operation mode" I wait 2days with no heat for an engineer that tells me ".." above, who then presses the reset button telling me to call if it goes again! Which it does the very next day!

Been pressing reset now since 2015. Written and complained-no response. So have called them out again as they say I haven't called since May and "don't press, etc"!! But I told them they are not fixing it & keep repeating "..."!

Fed up with their treadmill mentality and being cold every Winter and want to get off it!

I have a contract "if they can't fix-to replace boiler if under 10yrs old. Started contract in 2013-boiler 6yrs old.

Is this Company fobbing me off until 10yrs is reached to wriggle out of replacement? Or do they really not know which part to replace? Last December I went without heat or hot water for 22 days as they shut the system off whilst waiting for parts! I am a pensioner with several health issues.

Help?.....anyone!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I suggest you call citizens advice or trading standards, they will guide you on the best method/process to move forward with your complaint about Corgi Home Plan.
I think it would be wise (personal opinion) to cancel your plan with them and call out a reputably gas engineers, one that has knowledge of your model of boiler.

They say "don't press we need to see in non operation mode" I wait 2days with no heat for an engineer that tells me ".." above, who then presses the reset button telling me to call if it goes again! Which it does the very next day!

Been pressing reset now since 2015. Written and complained-no response. So have called them out again as they say I haven't called since May and "don't press, etc"!! But I told them they are not fixing it & keep repeating "..."!

Fed up with their treadmill mentality and being cold every Winter and want to get off it!

fooking idiots

find someone else if i was you , obviously theres a problem and get someone who actually cares . it is annoying these intermittent faults and sometimes can take time to solve but that long is a joke . note the times when you need to reset and what are you running hw or ch at that time for the engineer to narrow down the problem . ring homecare up saying if not solved you will cancel the contract

These cheaper care plans always come back to bite people when they actually need help.

Id recommended you contact trading standards or possibly the FCA as its insurance based. The FCA have serious clout when it comes to companies failing in their duty.
Demand a repair, even if they have to pay for baxi themselves to attend.
Once its fixed cancel your policy.

Sponsored Links
You should really register a formal complaint.

Tell them that if they cannot fix it then they should call Baxi to fix it.

Then, if you want it fixed you can call Baxi yourself and charge their bill to Corgi.

This company is nothing to do with CORGI it is a couple that use the name and are based in Dunfermline Scotland, they do not employ direct engineers but ask what your call out rate and servicing rate is and send out texts to the cheapest first and see if anyone ants the job then if no replies then they move on to the next so when the texts actually get to the decent engineers the jobs have been ignored by all the cowboys and they are the jobs no one else wants , you would be far better off cancelling this cowboy mob call Baxi and get a fixed price repair the chances of you getting anything back from this pair is nil, dont give them any more of your money

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back