Baxi solo 15HE air lock problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had to install another radiator, so drained the system and installed the radiator. This went fine.
Refilled the system, which took a long time, finally managed to get the air out the radiators and the pump, but the boiler sounds like its constantly filling with water when either the hot water and or heating is on.
It sounds just like a tap running ! Dont remember whether this was like this before or not.

Is there a bleed on the boiler itself, or is this something that will eventually bleed its way out.

Many thanks for your advice in advance

Rob

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Most heat only fits include a drain cock on pipework just above the boiler.......try backfilling system with hose connected to a tap be careful not to overfill !

Most heat only fits include a drain cock on pipework just above the boiler.......try backfilling system with hose connected to a tap be careful not to overfill !

I don't beleive this is good advice, although it's fairly regular on this and other forums. It is a last reort, and you should first determine the cause of difficult filling.

It is also potentially disatrous for a diy'er

Did you bleed with pumpon or off?

The pump was on.

I think the motorised valve could have been closed for the heating and open for the water, which will explain the long time in trying to fill.

I have looked above the boiler, and taken the front cover off, but cannot see what obviously looks like a drain valve.

Rob

robfromfrem1";p="1770762 said:
Did you bleed with pumpon or off?

The pump was on.

wrong answer

I think the motorised valve could have been closed for the heating and open for the water, which will explain the long time in trying to fill.

wrong answer

But predictable

Drain system again, opening all rad bleed valves. Close rad bleeds. Refill with motorised valve(s) manually open, and pump OFF. You will probably find it will fill faster. Bleed rads, staring from bootom and work your way up.

Let us kmow how you get on.

Thanks for the replies.
How do i manually open the motorised valve ?
Or could i make sure its running the central heating and then shut the boiler off and turn the water off, this way it will be open for the central heating.

Sorry if its sounds like i dont know what im doing, but for the last 18 years we have always had a combi boiler (which was simple)

Just one other thing, will it do any damage leaving it as it is for a couple days, as what with work im probably not going to have time till the weekend.

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back