Baxi solo 2 overheat

vjn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, during the summer I fitted a new 3 way valve - all was ok (apart from some air noise at the boiler). Now the heating season is upon us I am getting intermittent overheating of the boiler. Seems to be when I have heating and hot water called. Any suggestions please ??

Sponsored Links
Check the pump is running and has no air trapped in it (loosen the centre screw to release trapped air) are the Radiators all getting hot? if not could be trapped air in the system if none of theese its time to get a RGI to check the boiler over! ;)

the pump has been working fine, right up to tonight. Now very hot and not working. have taken air from the pump so will let it all cool then try again. It may be the pump now but up until tonight the pump was fine :oops:

Check the FAQ about spinning the pump if its seized.

Was the water dirty when you replaced the valve?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tell me when a pump fails, when a leak starts!!

i get fed up hereing that "it was ok yesterday!" goodness me anything can stop working anytime

I like the Indian customers who tell me the boiler is "brand new" and was only installed six years ago!

Is the pump overun working ok,,Is the tank dry in the loft,, blocked feed pipe to heating,, just a few more things to check ;)

check the pump and vent all air vents/rads in the system. make sure boiler stats is not set too high and also check water level in system is correct (vent highest rads and see if water squirts out) - does the boiler overheat after a certain time?

header full, no air, pump not running. New pump ordered. Many thanks for the constructive feed back, for those who just wanted to moan - move on !!!

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back