baxi solo 2 pf 30 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a baxi solo 2 pf30 with what i can only describe as a helicopter whirring noise coming from the top of boiler which is very noisy also sounds like a scraping noise this is the first problem,the 2nd being every now and then the clicking on and off of the igniter trying to light the boiler this can take a couple of minutes i have noticed there is a split in the casing that houses the led lights and thermostat could someone please advise me i would be very grateful, thankyou

Sponsored Links
Fault 1: Fan on way out.Replace
Fault 2: Requires good service and a new pilot kit, Boiler prone to injector blocking...Pilot kit part no: 236142

Hi, thanks for your reply, much appreciated. Is it straight forward enough for me to replace?
Many thanks
Wayne

Sponsored Links
gazthepottertonengineer said:
Welcome to the forum Poxi good sound advice :D you must be a Heateam engineer :D

Another one :rolleyes: , do none of you lot have to spend any time working :?:

Both are corgi jobs as you need to break the gas train and the flue although nobody can stop you doing it yourself. Pilot is a right pain to change and the fan will need a new gasket.

Gas train, sounds ENORMOUS, do you have to have commercial ticket for this, dont use balfour they leave nuts loose and cause all sorts of problems, one being death.

gazthepottertonengineer: Thanks for the fantastic welcome you must have a crystal ball..Been watching this forum for a few months now and decide to take the plunge and speak..Take it easy fellas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back