BAXI SOLO 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Solo 2 wall mounted boiler which was serviced approx 5 years ago by previous owner and it supplies both my haeting and water.

The boiler worked until the beginning of the year when the heating did not work although the thermostat had not been adjusted.

Now the boiler is not firing correctly. A friend came round who is corgi registered but he could not find the fault. He removed the outer casing and the internal casing and the boiler fired up ok. When all of the casings where put back on it does not fire but has a clicking sound as if it is trying to ignite.

Please advise as my wife is chewing my ear off.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The boiler has a spark generator to produce a high voltage which is fed to an electrode to make a spark to ignite the gas.

If the insulation on the wire feeding the electrode gets damaged or trapped, the spark can break through the insulation and jump to another metal object (ie the boiler casing) This means there will be no spark (or a weak one) at the electrode and so it will not ignite the gas. The boiler circuits will know that the gas hasn't lit and will keep the spark generator going.

If you look when the room is completely dark you should see where it's sparking.

If the boiler hasn't been serviced for 5 years, it's 4 years overdue, so I'd start there this is a safety issue and should be carried out annually wether the boiler is working or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back