Baxi Solo 3 PFL Range

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
New boy to the forum.
We had the above installed 3 years ago. The plumber who installed it has now retired, and since then I seem to either be ripped off or let down by other local plumbers for servicing etc, but that for another day.
So in advance of trying to sort out my current problem I am looking to find out what it may be or should be so that I don't end up being told I need a new system.
The problem seems only minor in that, the timer for CH or HW or both sets the boiler off, everything heats accordingly etc. Then the system shuts off, except the pump which goes on and on. I know there can be pump over run for about 6 minutes, but this never stops, until I turn of the fuse. I have tried to bleed the rads and the remover the silver nut on the pump to get rid of any air lock and this seemed to work for a bit, but now that does not have the desired effect. Do I continue in this vein in case there still is an airloack or as I have read on here it may be the PCB? If so will I need either a qualified electrician or plumber to change it and what sort of cost should I be looking at or is it something else :?:
Any advice is very much appreciated.
Regards

Sponsored Links
Although these are basically a very simple and reliable boiler, they have had problems with a number of them having the pcb fault.

As this controls the pump via the over run I would suggest you get a good recommended gas engineer in to check it out.

As for servicing, prices vary around the country but I charge £55 + VAT. These are a very simple boiler to service.

pcb is faulty. get corgi person to service boiler and replace pcb. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back