Baxi Solo 30/4 PF - pressure switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could you help please?

I have a Solo 30/4 PF boiler that has just stopped working due - I think - to a faulty pressure switch as the fan is running and pumping air but only 2 lights are on - not the third.

My query is - where is the pressure switch and how do I get to it?

The service manual shows the switch vaguely inside the front cover - however in side the cover is the combustion box and I don't remember seeing a switch in there and the diagram does not show a switch there. All the other details are very clear with the exception of this switch.

The picture in the manual supposedly showing the pressure switch and what is actually in that place is shown in 'my images'.
[/img]

Sponsored Links
I had the same problem with a 50/4 boiler. The end of one of the tubes going to the pressure switch had perished so was no longer air tight and thus the switch wasn’t operating. Solved by cutting 10mm off the end of the tube and pushing it back on. I can't remember whether the problem was at the switch end or the other end of the tube.

The switch I think was located underneath next to the gas valve.

I just checked on my boiler. The switch is at bottom rear right hand corner behind the gas valve. The diagram is supposed to be a cut-away view through the boiler - not very obvious.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Mikely.

I felt around the bottom right hand side of the boiler and found the pipes - one fell off in my hand so that is obviously the problem. Now I only have to locate a suitable replacement pipe.

Cantlos

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back