baxi solo RS 50/4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler hasnt fired up for over a week. I have checked the pump works the motorised valve works the pilot is lit. I have drained the system and back filled the system and blew it through. there is power to the boiler thermostat(no reset on this model). Tonight I removed the timer(horstmann 425 Tiara) pulling it away from the contacts. I checked that there is power to L 2 5. I put the cover back on and the boiler fired up for about 5 minutes? I removed the timer again and exposed the contacts on the timer,I refitted it and I manually moved the contacts across to make contact but without any luck. I now believe it is the timer but not sure as everything has power any help I would be really grateful. Also some forums mention a fan, but not sure if this model has one and if it does where it is. someone said you can be lucky and free the fan off? Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back