baxi80 he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a baxi 80he boiler which is constantly loosing pressure. It is not loosing pressure from the overflow it is loosing it through the condensation trap. I am having to top up the pressure twice a day. Had a heating engineer out to look at it said he would send me the quote through the post and all he sent me was the price for a new boiler. Contacted baxi they advised me to change the pressure relief valve. No joy. Can anybody tell me which part of the boiler drains water into the condensation trap so I can replace it please.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you need a new main heat exchanger, not cheap but cheaper than a new boiler.

140quid for the secondary heat exchanger, not a diy job, they only take 10 mins to fit so wont cost you loads to fix

OP, we don't know if its the main or secondary heat exchanger leaking.

But I would charge a diagnostic fee to determine which and give a competitive quote for whatever repair is required.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I kinda assumed it wasn't a combi because the op did not put "baxi combi 80 HE" still could be 50/50 I suppose. ;)

If it wasnt a combi i reckon it would be ****ing out of casing though?
Have you not got your crystal ball you do know we are expected to be psychic

But unfortunately the OP seems to expect an engineer to come out and diagnose the fault free of charge.

Then the OP will replace the part himself.

I never understand the meanness of people who expect to get free diagnosis from visiting engineers!

At least I never get taken advantage of by those people because I always charge a diagnostic fee!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back