Bedding ridge tiles in the rain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Removed a chimney over the weekend and am now closing up the roof, Due to the way it was tiled previously i had to take of the ridge tiles and re-lay the tiles to make them fit correctly. Hip at the end of the roof, so not a big job.

Ive got all tiles on again and im about to start re-bedding and pointing the ridge tiles. Only problem i have is that it is currently wet!

Forecast is for it to dry up by lunch and rain due on Thursday. Any problems re-bedding and pointing the ridges with the roof damp? Other than me slipping off it lol. Hoping its dried a bit by lunch.

Ive knocked off all the old mortar and wire brushed the ridges and tiles. Any need to PVA etc?

From reading on here i was going to use a 2soft/1sharp sand : 1 cement mix with some plasticiser and bit of dye to darken it down. Sound ok?

Cheers
Neil

Sponsored Links
Don't see a problem to bed the ridges on then point up when it's dry,the mix I use is 4/1 using plaster sand and free flow waterproofer ;) and I don't use dye, I think it weakens the cement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back