Bedroom Furniture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys!

Thinking about refitting the bedroom furniture.

Looked at Ikea's PAX wardrobe system, but the website does not make it clear which furniture (drawers etc) is compatible with it.

Is anyone familiar with their ranges (or has anyone even kitted out their bedroom with Ikea stuff)?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have some Pax furniture in my guest room......basically it's a modular system and all you choose at first is the wardrobe carcass - I believe it can be single, double or triple. After that it's a choice of doors and handles, all will fit similarly will the shelves and so on. Any runners and hangers are compatible and go straight in.
It's probably best to go and see the stuff in the wood, so to speak, but I was pleased to find the height of the unit perfectly matched the height of the bookcase alongside - which was another Ikea product.
John :)

Thanks BM!

The one I have looked at on line looks complete and is 2m wide, 440 deep and 2.01m high.

Basically, I'm throwing together a ballpark figure for a cheapish refit. My two criteria with the robes is that they need to be shallow and have sliding doors.

As all the furniture is fitted, I'd like to refit the same.

As you kindly advise, I think I need to see this stuff in the flesh and find out what is compatible.

My wardrobe has a usable depth of 575mm.....I must confess I didn't see any sliding door options on this system though!
Good luck with your project - I have to confess, Ikea stuff generally suits me just fine.
John :)

Sponsored Links
We have just bought and built a PAX wardrobe, well technically two side by side.

Best advice I can give is the use the online designer on the Ikea website as it only shows you compatible shelves, doors, etc

Also agree going to look in store, they have a special area and staff the can advise you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back