BEKO D2731 FW - dishwasher not heating up

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hope someone might have a few ideas on this one...

The machine won't heat up the water during any of the cycles, and thus is stalling on parts of the cycles that require the temp of the water to reach a certain temp before progressing. I can move the dial to the next part of the cycle, and the machine seems to function ok other than the no heating.

The circulation pump was changed in the past week, the old one had a small old leak that eventually ground down the bearing, but the heating was working ok up until the pump finally gave up and was replaced.

I've checked that all connections are ok, and believe that they are.

I disconnected the element, and tested it for ohms, and it gives about 30.6 ohms. The element is a 1800W. I'm in Ireland, so 230V mains. Is the element likely ok given these values?

Also, is it safe to test the element by putting a multimeter across it's leads, and checking for voltage when a heating phase is supposed to begin?

I've also seen these Beko's have the flood switch seem to trip things up, so have checked that, and it seems to be working ok. I tested it for continuity, and it's closed when not flooded, and open when flooded (simulated), so I believe that's ok. The drain pump seems to run constantly when the dial is in any position when the flood switch is tripped, and that seems like a reasonable outcome.

There are 2 devices close together against the underside of the drum, I think they are thermostats (?), and another device that I thought was a thermostat that protrudes through the base of the drum in the middle of the element loops. Can anyone tell me exactly what they are, and what they do? I have the unit fairly disassembled at this stage so can test them if I take the circulation pump out again.

Thanks for any input.

Sponsored Links
Ok, I did a bit more testing, and on the 3rd item I mention in the last paragraph above, the device looks like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOTPOINT-...UK-2-Thermostat-Thermal-Limiter-/361847530464

It has a brass cap and it is screwed onto a housing on the bottom of the tub, and has markings JW6-III on it. I took it off, and it tests open on continuity and zero ohms. I guessing this is a possible culprit. Do these go open when the temp goes too high, then should reset themselves when the temp drops?

And what should I be looking for as a replacement? The unit cycles are 50, 55 and 65 Celsius, though we only use up to 55 Celsius washes.

So I guess this prevents the element from heating the water up too much, and if this is so, what is the purpose of the other 2 thermostats? They look like this, and are just up against the underside of the tub:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHIRLPOOL...ADP755-2WH-Thermostat-65-degree-/371637073307

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back