Beko frost free fridgefreezer has stopped cooling ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Beko frostfree fridgefreezer has just stopped cooling 6 months out of its warranty, the light is still on in the fridge, the motor still runs & the fan in the freezer still runs, but everything has defrosted ??????????? can anyone help ? it still looks as new as the day i got it, would love to repair it if someone could give me some idea of the problem. Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
frostfree freezers often stop working when the internal air ducts get choked with frost and ice. Remedy is to unplug, empty, eat all the food, open the doors and leave open for at least 24 hours, or after no more water drips into the cabinet or into the collection dish at the back (pull the machine away from the wall and keep emptying the dish, as it is liable to overflow)

if it works... nil cost fix

if not... nil cost and you're back where you were anyway.
Do not turn it back on until all the ice has melted and run out - it is in ducts and channels concealed in the back lining.

obviously the fault might be something different, but with frostfrees this is quite common. I threw one away before I discovered how easy it is to fix. Excess ice can arise if the door is left open or steaming foods put inside, or if the door seal is worn, cracked or loose.

Thanks for your reply john, but unfortunately i have already tried that, and still its not cooling anything, fridge or freezer ? but apreciate your reply anyway.

Sponsored Links
frostfree freezers often stop working when the internal air ducts get choked with frost and ice. Remedy is to unplug, empty, eat all the food, open the doors and leave open for at least 24 hours, or after no more water drips into the cabinet or into the collection dish at the back (pull the machine away from the wall and keep emptying the dish, as it is liable to overflow)

if it works... nil cost fix

if not... nil cost and you're back where you were anyway.
Do not turn it back on until all the ice has melted and run out - it is in ducts and channels concealed in the back lining.

obviously the fault might be something different, but with frostfrees this is quite common. I threw one away before I discovered how easy it is to fix. Excess ice can arise if the door is left open or steaming foods put inside, or if the door seal is worn, cracked or loose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back