Beko Washing Machine Moise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Beko machine has developed a discomforting noise - It's a whining/electronic sound - very much like the noise when a car is. When you turn the drum by hand you hear it instantly. I know on most machines there's normally a minor noise (is it the motor or drivebelt you can hear turning?) but this is excessive. When the machine is loaded up and turning you hear it constantly. Noise pitch is dependent on spin speed, although when spinning fast it is inaudible. Sounds to me like it is coming from whatever makes the drum turn, so either the motor or the drivebelt.

The noise comes and goes in intensity and the machine's actually under a year old so I intend to call Beko, but I was wanting to at least have an idea of what it was before I call them in. Plus with it being intermittent with my luck it won't be there when they call!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back