Belling Built in double oven Clock/timer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a belling double in built oven, model: XoU499SS and the clock/timer is broken preventing the oven from coming or staying on.. I'm told it's a common fault and that it can be disconnected to enable the oven to work. I want to do this as we are moving soon. Any ideas how to do this? Instructions would be great

:)

thanks
Tim

Sponsored Links
If you need to bypass the timer you will need to get to the terminals at the back of the timer.
You will need to connect both lives & both neutrals (there may not be a netral out).
Never heard of anyone wanting to do this.
Is it an electronic timer?
How much is a new timer?

thanks for the reply. sounds like something i don't want to mess with. Belling charge £75 for a new clock, then there is the cost of fitting it. Local installer wants £50 for an hours labour plus parts so don't know what he will charge for the clock unit. Want to do it as cheaply as possible as have sold the house and will be moving within 3 months.

Sponsored Links
It wont be difficult to fit, but fiddley & if you arnt a DIYer I wouldnt try it.
If you do try & replace it. SWITCH IT OFF AT THE SOCKET.
Also ensure that the wiring is replaced EXACTLY as it was & NOT TOUCHING other parts.
If you do it wrong it may go BANG. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back