Belmont Rad. Valve O-Rings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know a supplier (either online or within/near M25) of these at a sensble price?

Sponsored Links
Pegler do them direct. Otherwise you need the dimensions to match them up.

There are two sizes - red and green. Red are for the older ones IIRC.

And it's a brave man that replaces an O ring "live" as peglar state is possible, I have found that when putting the shaft back it is all too easy to push the valve seat, therefore breaking the seal that is stopping the water form pishing out!! :mad:

they are incredibly expensive

I went through this a few years back - see //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1235388#1235388

Unless you can find a friendly heating engineer, I would be tempted to try a supplier of "O" rings, where you should be able to buy about a thousand for the price of one from Pegler.

They should be ashamed of themselves for their wicked profiteering.

I took them all apart, descaled, polished up the brass with a green nylon scourer, reassembled with silicone grease, and PTFE tape on all the threaded seals. If you're in trouble, wrapping PTFE round the spindle until you can get the "O" rings may stop them leaking. You may find it extremely difficult to dismantle them without a vice, some big ring spanners and a socket of exactly the right size, and possibly a flame.

Sponsored Links
They are fricking expensive or what they are... when you get the dimensions - let us know ;).

But I change them all the time live.... not had a problem yet - you big Jessy :LOL:

they are incredibly expensive

I went through this a few years back - see //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1235388#1235388

Unless you can find a friendly heating engineer, I would be tempted to try a supplier of "O" rings, where you should be able to buy about a thousand for the price of one from Pegler.

They should be ashamed of themselves for their wicked profiteering.

I took them all apart, descaled, polished up the brass with a green nylon scourer, reassembled with silicone grease, and PTFE tape on all the threaded seals. If you're in trouble, wrapping PTFE round the spindle until you can get the "O" rings may stop them leaking. You may find it extremely difficult to dismantle them without a vice, some big ring spanners and a socket of exactly the right size, and possibly a flame.

Still availlable !! :LOL:

Thanks to everyone for the replies, which I've only now been able to view.

45yearsagasman: certainly am interested in the reds.

JohnD: who is Terry, please?

I should have put my brain in the right gear before dashing off my last note.
Firstly, it's green rings that I need, not red.
Also I'm embarrassed at having offers from both 45yearsagasman and Terrywookfit and not knowing how to make contact - I fear that this should probably be obvious to me.
My apologies for not progressing this smoothly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back