Bending copper pipe rather than using junctions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just had the thermal store in my loft moved a few metres to accommodate my loft extension.

Originally all copper pipe bends were in the form of 90 degree junctions ie two bits of pipe joined together by a sleeve.

Now the thermal store has been moved I've noticed that they have actually bent quite a few of the copper pipes to go around corners/change direction. Is this ok? Is there any reason why this might cause problems in the future?

Thanks

ps I've also noticed that some hot and cold pipes are so close together that they are touching.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bending pipework is standard practice, cheaper as no joint used and safer as no joint to fail. [Joints do allow for tighter turns.] Touching pipes not ideal as you get heat transfer, but should have been lagged.

Pipe bending is one of the skills of the job. A bend offers better flow characteristics than tight elbows and costs are a lot less.
Where possible fit some insulation between affected pipes to stop noise and friction wear which may cause damaage to the pipes.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back