Bending push-fit pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted to bend some push fit plastic 15mm & 22mm pipes instead of use a load of elbows, is there a good way to do this or is it even possible? I tried with bending springs but the inner radius seems to be smaller with plastic and they won't fit inside...

Does a bend improve the flow rate much vs an elbow?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thanks Joe, that pdf has loads of useful info.

I'm a bit confused now though, the Speedfit website lists a range of spring benders at the usual 15mm & 22mm sizes, but are these specially reduced to fit the push-fit pipe internal radius? Sorry guess I should be asking the manufacturer that. I bought a pair of bending springs today described as 15mm & 22mm but they wouldn't fit :( Don't really fancy shelling out on a heavy duty piper bender as I only need to do a couple.

pipe benders/springs are for copper pipe you can use on plastic but easier to use to pipe clips or the radius bends for the pipe.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back