Bespoke pantry - door/hinge questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to build a pantry to fit into a specific area in my new, yet to built kitchen.

But I'm not sure if the plan is going to work (see below).

Ideally to make the space in the pantry most accessible I'd like the door to the pantry to contain shelves too but I'm not sure if the weight is going to be too much. The external dimensions of the pantry are about 30 cm wide and 30 cm deep and it would be floor to ceiling in height.

Does anyone have any ideas about what sort of hinges and how many and whether in fact this idea would work or not?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice

Damson

Sponsored Links
The more weight it takes the more hinges you need to distribute the weight.
Very shallow/narrow cupboard.

Thanks Foxhole

Do you think standard kitchen cupboard hinges would work? are the ikea ones ok or would you recommend getting better quality?

Given the likely height of 2m, would 8 hinges be sufficient do you think?

Yes, the cupboard is narrow/shallow but pantries work well when they're quite shallow I think - the narrowness isn't desirable but it's the space I've got to work with!

thanks again

Damson

Sponsored Links
Should be fine with 6-8 hinges as you don't have room to store much weight in there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back