Best Combi Drill

atm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I currently own the Bosch 36v VF-LI

Wot a bit of gear.. Got it for £400 delivered and never looked back since.

One problem. Is big, heavy and not for every day use.. especially up a ladder.

I really need the Bosch 36v VF-LI but on a samller scale. Will live without SDS but need

1, hammer
2, high Nm
3, 2 x Li-on bats
3, not to expensive

budget £200.

any suggestions please would be most appreciated. thanks

atm

Sponsored Links
I'd stick to bosch. I have a hitachi 24v and it's the worst bit of electrical crap i've ever bought. Batteries last 10 minutes tops on a good day.

Good luck finding one with those specs at that budget. You will get something decent with NiMh bats though. Something like a Bosh GSB18VE-2 can be had on the bay for that sort of price.

Does it have to be Li-ion? as you must have read about the issues they have had with them (bar say the 36V bats)

My Makita 8444 weighs in at about 2.7Kg with battery, has 80Nm torque, and I have not seen another 18V combi drill with more torque than that. Although I managed to sap up a very cheap 12V makita SDS drill which just bangs in the holes for masonry eliminating the need of hammer action, and its super light too.

you could get the new bosch gsb18vli for about £220 plus the vat , the gsb18 with the nimh batts should still be available for around the same price with 3 batteries and a impact driver body
or
you could save up your pennies and get the gbh36vli COMPACT which is a hell of a lot lighter than the standard 36v and smaller too boot bt look around the £400 mark ( it comes with 1.3ah batts but the 2.6ah from the one you already have will fit

Sponsored Links
I'd stick with Bosch. Best drills in my opinion.

I've just purchased a GSB18VE-2 combi & a GSR 18V drill/driver. Both are fantastic and not as heavy as I was expecting. They are a great combination. Bosch have just launched the lithium-ion versions now....only a week after buying mine :evil: I expect this new one would be ideal for you and would be worth stretching your budget for. Have a look at toolstop.co.uk - this is who I purchased mine from & are good prices and fast delivery.

Think this is the puppy.. problem is cannot find out how much it weighs.. any thoughts please... it is not even on the Bosch website.

Bosch GSB18VE2-LI Turbo Tough 18V li-ion Cordless

They normally have some on show at B&Q try it how see how it feels.

no they dont
bosch blue is only available at professional outlets ( and screwfix)

I've definitely seen bosch blue on sale there, along with dewalt xrp and makita

Sorry mate, but seangler is right - Bosch blue definately isn't available in any of the sheds, it's only Bosch Green.

Dewalt & Makita are, although most of the Makita stuff is their cheap end stuff.

The Bosch 36v stuff is excellent, but given you are not trading yet it seems a bit OTT. At the minute you are thinking DIY, where you get the best kit you can afford. When you set up in business, you'll have to think about the time it will take to pay for your kit.

FWIW, I'd recommend the 18v kit with combi and driver. The lithium kit is brand new, with premium prices. You will need more than one drill. It's a pain switching bits, even with a quick chuck. Also you can pick up a circular saw for around the ton. You'll have 2 drills and a saw for around the price of the 36v combi. I'm a trading electrician and use 18v bosch blue. It's never let me down mate.

no they dont
bosch blue is only available at professional outlets ( and screwfix)

I've definitely seen bosch blue on sale there, along with dewalt xrp and makita

Sorry mate, but seangler is right - Bosch blue definately isn't available in any of the sheds, it's only Bosch Green.

Dewalt & Makita are, although most of the Makita stuff is their cheap end stuff.
They've got Bosch blue at my local BnQ, it's a superstore though so maybe that makes a difference.

Have a Makita 8444 myself with two 3ah batteries - cost about £220 a few years back. It's brilliant.

http://www.power-tools-pro.co.uk/bosch-gsb18ve2-18v-turbo-tough-combi-hammer-drill-driver-supplied-with-2-x-26ah-nimh-batteries-charger-fitted-with-a-13mm-keyless-chuck-complete-with-a-5mtr-tape-p-1444.html?currency=GBP

is this the same drill can't be that much diff in price surely!!!!

No, the one on your link has NiMH batteries and the one atm ordered has Li-Ion batteries

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back