best drills?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELLO! CONSIDERING DEWALT 988/K3 COMBI, ANY GOOD? ALSO MAKITA 8406 CORE DRILL. ARE THESE UP TO MUCH OR ARE THERE BETTER ONES FOR THE MONEY?

Sponsored Links
If that's the 18V cordless then yes their drills are one of their better products. Also not much wrong with Bosch, Makita are good value.
DeWalt 24Vsds not as good as the Bosch imho.

Makita 8406 diamond core drill is okay I suppose. Really needs more power and more speed. They do a 1400W one with a gearbox which ought to be the bee whiskers but too many warnings about the gearbox giving trouble.
There's a Hitachi similar, I was told by an owner the clutch is set too light and he prefers his 8406.
There is a Bosch which I believe is quite expensive but gets recommended by diamond core bit producers.

In case you think I'm a "bosch" man, I have their Pro jigsaw, BCE100 I think, which is junk. Later ones supposed to be better but a tool shop with all of them put a Hitachi on top of the pile he got out for me to look at. I bought it, it's very good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back