best fixing for shiplap cladding

Hi, big all
did you make your window, looks likes it's fixed and not an opener.

For my windows I plan to use some sealed glass units (got em for free) that are from a dg window. What would be the best way to go around the edges and old the glass in. I figure it should be hardwood, but which of the many profiles is best? the quadrant type, or the 'sloping wedge' type.

Sponsored Links
yes the window is one of six and as it happens built to the size of a bit of glass i had kicking about
every wall has an opener to allow air to flow from whatever direction

the windows are simply made as i plan to d/glaze when funds permit
basicly 4"chamf skirting with capilery groove and lined 3"treated timber and a batton planted on to the frame 20mm back to form a rebate for the glass

here is a boring thread about my shed via screwfix :oops: :oops: ;)
http://www.screwfix.com/talk/thread.jspa?threadID=52704

and the boring pictures that i think most people have got thorouly bored with but i dont think youve seen :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: sorry to any body if youve seen them before
click on the first image for slide show whatever that is :rolleyes:
or any other to see large immage

Sponsored Links
i have a cool box and a kettle :D ;)

but find the walk to the house can clear the lungs of the dust that hangs around

impressed with your kitchen cabinet by the way ;)
although i would go for no8 or 10 x1 3/4" metric 4.5 or 5x 45mm or 50mm;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back