Best Impact Bits/Bit Holder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having recently borrowed a mate's makita BL impact driver I'm a convert...

I managed to destroy a few bits with his driver (removing 6" Spax PZ3 decking screws) which iirc is 160nm...

Thing is my combi is Ryobi so Ipicked up a bare Ryobi RD1801...bit heavier than the makita and rated at 220nm o_O something tells me the bits I've got may not last http://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-dt...t-torsion-screwdriver-bit-set-32-pieces/7045f

I'm guessing a torsion bit holder as well as the bit might help them last a bit longer - what are peoples recommendations - last thread I could find on this topic was over 4 years old?

Sponsored Links
Completely agree - Wera Diamant. Stick with the special bit holder designed for the Diamant bits as it really does increase bit life quite a bit (70 to 200% more life I find) - downside is that the holder is £13 or so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back