Best Value White Emulsion?

Sponsored Links
You get what you pay for, I'm afraid. The cheap 'deals' (e.g. 10 litres for £15) are just thicker paint watered down...so you need more coats. You can get contract white matt for abour £17 but that is pretty thin stuff as well and is best for mist coating.

Dulux Trade often do the 7.5 litre matt/silk vinyl emulsion for about £27. That will usually cover existing white in one coat, or a different colour in 2.

It depends I guess on the area you're painting?

I'm finding it way easier these days to apply a liberal amount of PVA mixed with little amount t'water with a brush, onto concrete prior to two thin coats of Granocryl masonry paint.

Sponsored Links
Good for you (although the liberal use of PVA before any waterbased paint is a recipe for disaster further down the line).

However, OP was asking about cheap white emulsion, not false economies with masonry painting.

I always use Johnstone's Covaplus. Not the cheapest but probably best value in terms of excellent covering power and non-yellowing properties. Browse the Internet - lots of on-line suppliers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back