Best way to advertise plumbing services?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do any of the professional plumbers here have a website? Is it worth doing one?

Or are leaflets through letter boxes and newspaper adds a better idea?

I've rarely seen plumbing leafelets come through the door so not sure if this is an avenue worth pursuing.

Sponsored Links
Put testomonials...

'Iron just fitted 3 extra rads to our heating system, all off 15mm - what an abortion of a job that was - use a real plumber'

'Iron failed to realise our TRV was stuck - use a real plumber'

etc.....

You'll have em flocking.

Naz, We all get fliers, as you are well aware. You should reflect on your own attitude towards these. Those with credibility tend to include the relevant qualifications (such as a Gassafe badge) of the advertiser, which in your case will be problematic.

What services will you be advertising, or are you going along the general ***** route of no jobs too small and you'll do anything? In which case you should start your usual in-depth research of further skills such as laying tarmac on top of grass :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Do any of the professional plumbers here have a website? Is it worth doing one?

Or are leaflets through letter boxes and newspaper adds a better idea?

I've rarely seen plumbing leafelets come through the door so not sure if this is an avenue worth pursuing.

Gosh, do you think you should be let loose on the unsuspecting British public??? There's no way you have enough skill or experience to do any work on anyone's home. You should carry a Government Health Warning!!!

I am not sure that advertising your own services are necessarily the best way to rid Coventry of unskilled cowboys!

After pretty useless yellow pages responses in Cov I stopped any advertising there.

The corner shop landlords dont want to pay anything realistic to get jobs done.

One boiler repair I did was for a Polish landlord but he wanted it done quickly so he was happy with my charges.

Tony

I wont do a job if i feel i am not capable of doing it.

this is my leaflet idea, what do you guys think?

If you can do central heating repairs, You should have the gas safe image on there....

i'm not gas safe. By central heating repairs i mean i can repair most faults as long as its not with the actual gas components of the boiler itself, or not having to disconnect any gas pipes, so things like blockages, or changing radiators, or a faulty pump etc i can and have repaired over the years.

As i said i wont touch any gas pipes/fittings as it would be illegal to do so due to the safety aspects.

Some of the guys on here are acting as if i'm doing something illegal by going it alone in this plumbing field. As far as i am aware its not illegal to work on other peoples plumbing, as long as you dont touch any gas appliances or GAS pipework. Now i was told this by my college tutor, and others who work in the field. So i dont understand the hostility some of you guys ARE SHOWING!! :confused:

they're actually really nice bathroom installs, looks like your skills have been underestimated. I mean you wouldnt just steal other peoples photos would you?

Sponsored Links
Back