Best way to advertise plumbing services?

So Naz, you have a call out fee.

Customer "Help I need a plumber"

Naz "I'll be over straight away"

Customer opens the door.

Naz " Oh it's a leaking lead pipe, I don't know how to fix that, BUT I WILL CHARGE YOU A CALL OUT FEE"

Who's the conman now Naz.???

Andy

erm no not at all. I dont have a call out fee. However if i was to work on a fault, and could not repair it, i would not charge the customer the fee of the repair as i failed to fix it. However in this case i would charge a small fee ONLY to cover my own costs i,e fuel cost, and any materials. Whilst its not right to charge someone for failing to fix it, its only fair that any materials i used at a cost to myself should be covered.

WRONG. in every way say you go to a repair put a pcb & a fan on a boiler
For instance an boiler still fails to work are you saying you will
Charge the customer for your lack of skills :eek:

I wouldnt

Well to be honest i would not work on a boiler as i am not qualified to do so. BUT i have heard of numerous cases of boiler engineers failing to repair a boiler yet still charging silly rates for failing to repair it.

Just saying.

Sponsored Links
Here's one for you Naz - suppose you do a repair or an installation, but one of the joints you fitted (or something) leaked and caused a ceiling to fall down or some other quite expensive damage. Or maybe you were unable to fix the leak and again more damage to the property was incurred due to your lack of knowledge/experience than might have happened had you been able to fix it.

Who would pay for the repair to the floor/carpet/ceiling/house fire then?

Firstly, this has never happened and i have fitted dozens upon dozens of these over the years.

BUT should this ever happen, i'm sure public liability insurance would cover it.

If not, then yes i would pay out of my own pocket for any damages i may have caused to the custoemrs property.

To me honestly and integrity is very important. I charge rates based on being fair to the customer. I always provide receipts of any parts i have brought and charge this. I dont add on 10 or 20% on top.

I want my customers to see me as an honest, genuinely harworking plumber with integrity and respect.

I want my customers to see me as an honest, genuinely harworking plumber with integrity and respect.

So why are you asking questions on a DIY SITE on how to repair basic plumbing problems??????

Andy

As a relatively novice plumber, there will be issues which i wont have come across, issues that you may see as very basic. But i've you've not come across it before, you will need to ask someone for advice.

Sponsored Links
I ask questions on here on that are not related to my trade.

You ask questions that you are charging customers for. :eek: :eek:

Do your customers know that you use a DIY site for your tuition?

Andy

He`s a masochist and comes here for Abuse :eek: Never put cheap / low rates / etc. on an ad :idea:

BUT should this ever happen, i'm sure public liability insurance would cover it.
So you are actually insured then? How much are your premiums?

OK, and although I have my clear reservations, I wish you well with this plight.

Did you look up the information about blender valves and the need for a check valve on that douche shower that you installed in that bathroom?

Finally, I think that you are more likely to gain a bit of credibility on here if you actually start sticking your head out and try helping some diy'ers on the main boards. You may be shot down when you make mistakes, but at least you'll be learning.

You've gotta research and read as much as possible - download the building regs for nothing and read them as a basic minimum. Get yourself a Troaler plumbing book and that central heating guide recommended. Pro's do keep abreast of what they need to.

thats just to keep up with the gas regs
let alone every other reg we come into contact with
If he's intent on doing this then he should take it seriously. There's a load more to plumbing that pipe bending and sweating, and a load more to general building work than just making it look pretty. He has to get things installed "in accordance"...

The work isnt up to scratch but tbh anyone that looks at his portfolio and accepts his quote of £600 to fully refit a bathroom should know exactly what to expect.

Edit: And tbh there ARE people who would be happy with that kind of work, and the price.

stick to metering in your branch at wrexham and rotherham ppl are not as stupid as you think and will not ring you up on a premium no to be given bad advice so save your money and give your lads a raise they need it
peekay53

sorry i apoligise ppl are as stupid as you think but not stupid enough for you to get customers

Sponsored Links
Back