Country
United Kingdom
?

Attachments

• 1480717996343-638422969.jpg
    1480717996343-638422969.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 172
Sponsored Links
hard to tell exactly what or where it is but a door threashould strip at a guess ??
it actually looks like the black is a step ??
if its just a different material and flat tell us the width the material being covered the area use and if a house or other situation ??

ok looking again it looks like a knock through but the preamble is a bit non descript and lacking in detail

Sponsored Links
the flooring used on both sides is 22mm chipboard but the rsj isn't level... so one side the rsj is 6mm up from the top level of the rsj leaving 16mm to make the floor level whereas the other side is only 2mm up leaving 20mm to the top of the rsj.... to make matters worse the 20mm side is actually 5mm lower overall.

didnt sketch as its irregular across the length as well as the width.. what I am planning to do is screw a length of half inch ply to the rsj then if required use self levelling compound to build up the last few mm. the joiner had a look and suggested it for me...

or if the 12mm if somewhere near i have some 5.5mm ply I can use to pack out with in places that are required and not use the self levelling compound.

thoughts?

Last edited:
or use 18mm ply screwed to rsj - at most it will be 2mm low on one side.. the other side could be 4mm up - maybe plane the 4mm off?

hopefully the underlay and carpet will mask it a little also..

Your picture's really not clear enough for us to work out what the problem is.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back