Best way to flush a combi system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have taken out British Gas c/h care and my Halstead Ace high combi system passed, What was commented on was that the water was a light brown colour (water test result Amber ?) and the system could benefit from a powerflush (expensive). I put in cleanser ran the system then added inhibitor about 15 months ago.I have trv,s on all but my bathroom rad, can i take this rad off and connect a hose from the cold water tap and another hose to drain it and flush cold water around the system till clear, then add cleanser, run system for a few days, flush with cold water, add inhibitor fill up system and bleed rads :?:
Would i need to close c/h flow and return valves on boiler or would the water pass through it? :?:
Any info much appreciated Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Properly protected water usually IS amber. Sounds to me llike you've done what's reasonable. I'd leave it alone.
If you want you could run off a jamjar of water and put a degreased nail in it. If it doesn't go rusty you're OK.
Yes I like undercutting BG on powerflushing - £££ and beats working for a living.

Sponsored Links
Sorry chrisR may have mislead when i said amber. they use a traffic light system on their form as in RED (water not suitable for BG) AMBER ( water in system is suitable but would benefit from power flush) and GREEN ( water is suitable for BG). The water in the system is light brown would you recommend flush or leave alone? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back