Best way to tidy up kitchen worktop in situ and no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been asked by a letting agent to tidy up some work that a tenant has performed on a kitchen worktop end. Typically it was done by a man in a rush so the jigsaw cut waving all over the place, face edge looks OK.

There is no power in the property so I thought I could tidy it up with a battery powered multi tool and stick an edge trim on it.

Is there a better way?

Thanks.

Nigel T

Sponsored Links
Cordless circular saw/batten OR power planer OR failing that a good, sharp jack plane. Bull nose plane and sharp chisels to finish to the corners/walls. Take a stone and some oil because it will knock the edges off all your edge tools in next to no time. Hacking away at it with a multitool will be not much better than what you started out with (I have a Fein and this isn't a suitable use for it). Contat glue isn't much good at gap filling IMHO

I carry a small generator and power inverter for just such occasions.
But with no power re-cutting the end with a nice sharp handsaw will give a straight edge.

long extension lead bottle off white wine and 4 cans off lagger :D

Sponsored Links
Aye, aye - B-A's on the pop! :LOL:

you've sussed me out so well :D
between the lines often easier to to use the neigbours lecky for small jobs with a thank you gift " a white wine for the ladies " and a lagger for the gents ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back