Bewator K42 keypad question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 keys pads which I want to to put each side of a gate I have downloaded a pdf to show me how to wire with only one keypad and press to exit but would like to know how I do the 2 keypads ?[/b]

Sponsored Links
Alternatively, wire the relay contacts in series if you are using Normally Closed and in parallel if you are using Normally Open.

Either way is acceptible and sparkymarka's method is more commonly used (assuming that you are connecting the gates to the relay in the external keypad).

Sponsored Links
I assume that the keypads will be controlling access through the gate. Are you using an electric lock or some kind of motorized gate opener. If it's the former, do you intend to use a fail safe lock (power to lock) like a maglock or a fail secure one (power to release) like a lock strike?

Once you know the answer to this, you will be able to wire up one of the keypads - let's call it the "master" keypad. This one can be on the inside or the outside. Use the second "slave" keypad to trigger the exit button of the master - run a bit of 4-core cable between the two. Power the slave from the master (1-1, 2-2) and connect the master's exit button to the slave's relay (9-4 and 6-3). DO NOT MAKE THE LINK BETWEEN 1 AND 4 ON THE SLAVE. Set the slave's relay timer to the minimum (using the control marked as 4 in the instructions). Job done.

I have a mag lock which will be powered by a backed up PSU, the gate will always be secured (mag energised) even if there's a power outage .

Okay - on the master keypad the power goes to terminals 1 (+ve) and 2 (-ve). Connect the positive link between 1 and 4 as shown on the picture. Connect the lock to 2 (-ve) and 5 (+ve) as shown by the dotted line.

Don't forget to set the lock timer before you lock it all up. If you're using 4-core alarm cable, double up the pairs between the PSU and the master K42 and the K42 and the lock to reduce volt drop. e.g. Twist red and yellow together for the +ve and blue and black for the -ve. Alternatively, use 2-core flex...

You need a decent cable to your maglock or you may suffer from voltage drop so 2 core flex to maglock and from power supply or 8 core stranded and use 4 /4 twisted together for power . How far is power supply from maglock ?

I wouldn't use cat5 either, given a choice. It's thin and inflexible cores tend to snap if you're not careful. The copper is un-tinned (copper colour, not silver colour) and it has a habit of going green and furry if it gets wet. The pvc on the outside is not particularly resistant to the Sun's UV rays. You could probably get away with 3-core flex between the master and the slave by linking one side of the slave's relay to -ve and the other side to the master's terminal 6 (so, not connecting to 9).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back