BG manslaughter charges.

Sponsored Links
Bet they slope it on to the inadequately trained fitter

god rest her

and god damn that horrible boiler

just goes to show how careful you have to be.

From what i have been told it was touch an go wether they where going to be charged and not as negligent as it looks from report ,which is why it has took so long to come to court. Guys have been on suspension since incident

Sponsored Links
There but for the grace of god and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Just started back at work today, full of the joys :rolleyes: Read this, now just cr*ppin meself. :(

There but for the grace of god and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

extremely true nam

not like they woke up and thought "I know I will set a boiler up to kill someone"

Why is no one knocking on Range's door for unleashing that fuggin monster of a boiler!

think the bioler was a powermax they suffer from the gasket leaking fumes and the bottom flue gas test plug working its way loose, allways now recommend co alarm with these and fit new type card gasket not the felt one.

There was also the inquest today of the 10 month old baby who died after the tank exploded in the loft and boiling water came through the ceiling into her cot.

In all fairness we should not pre-judge the case before it is held.

Members of The Association of Registered Gas Installers are following this case with great interest and will probably be applying for the trail transcript through the Freedom of Information Act.

To criticize the appliance is an understandable mistake but a mistake never the less.

What this case shows us all is that although British Gas had carried out ten visits to the property, the management/operatives operating system set up and as operated by British Gas at that time was either not fit for purpose, or, not correctly administered.

Tim ( http://www.argi-online.org.uk/community/index.php )

The hse have been pretty desperate to make a high profile case of this one, it should send shockwaves through the industry as well as through Bg which it already has done. From what I gather it is the documentation as much as the work they are finding at fault. Feel for the guys and the family.

It doesn`t say worked on boiler ten times it says visited property there is a difference so don`t prejudge as you say yourself baker

There is an interesting aspect to this case!

The newspaper report says:-

"""Oxfordshire deputy coroner Dr Richard Whittington said Miss Pinkney developed serious symptoms on Wednesday, March 16, 2005, and went to the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford.

She was allowed home in the early hours of the morning, but was later found collapsed in her bedroom."""

It would therefore seem that the hospital did not diagnose her medical condition and instead of taking appropriate action just sent her home back into the CO !!!

Perhaps the hospital staff should also be charged for manslaughter as they also failed to diagnose the dangerous situation???

Tony

"""Oxfordshire deputy coroner Dr Richard Whittington said Miss Pinkney developed serious symptoms on Wednesday, March 16, 2005, and went to the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford.

She was allowed home in the early hours of the morning, but was later found collapsed in her bedroom."""

Jumped out at me aswell Tony, surely hospital should of found monoxide levels high :confused:

Feel for all involved :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back