Bi Folding door advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this isn't really appropriate for this forum, but is there is so much available in the market, I thought I'd ask those who have most likely installed these in the past...

The wife has decided that she would really like a 3 piece bifolding door on the rear extension rather than a basic UPVC french door. Looking at pics, I'm tending to agree that this would be nice. The opening won't be much large than 1.8 - 2m. Looking at Selco for example they have a UPVC bifold door. A friend of ours has an aluminium (grey) version made by sunflex - clearly lots of options..

Has anyone got any recomendations from experience. I still want to keep this as cheap as possible as it's mostly self build, but this is our chance to make these decisions.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you end up going down this route, aluminium and timber will be more expensive but higher quality. Whoever you choose ensure they are have a long history and will always be able to supply spares, avoid any of the DIY sheds for the same reason.

Better off asking in the Windows section of the forum anyway. This has come up a few times there so would be worth searching there too.

You may regret having a set of doors that small, when they are divided into three they will be small, which when you are only using one door in winter time may become annoying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back