Biasi boiler red and green light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

I have a riva plus he m296 .24.sm biasi boiler

there are 3 lights 1st green light and 2nd red light constantly flashing and 3rd green light is static

I am not getting hot water or heating, any ideas what i can do to get it working ?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I think that is a code for air pressure switch fault, which can also be caused by a fan fault.

But those are not things a DIYer should attempt to touch because they are gas/safety related.

BUT the circuit board on the preceeding M96 model often had a fault whereby it would give that code as a result of a faulty circuit board.

Can you depower the boiler from the mains, wait half a minute and then start the boiler with a demand for hot water and see at what stage the lights show that code?

Tony

Hi tony

i did try that, initially it was normal lights the middle light was off, then after 1 min or so maybe less the red light appeared.
This also happened when i turned radiator on by increasing temp, initially it was normal then red light came on.

Then if i turn water on or radiator the red light was instant.

only when i turn mains off it takes min or so for the red light to appear.

I also noticed i dont have any flame. I tried igniting it by just pressing button but nothing happened(i could be igniting it incorrectly)

Ideally i want to have look at whatever i can and if you guys feel from the above symptoms its defo a professional job then i rather get new boiler. But there's been too much costs recently so i am sooo hopeful i can get this to work!! lol

thanks

Sponsored Links
If there is a delay as you say before the fault code comes on then that seems to imply that it is a fan or APS problem rather than a PCB.

But as its the PCB which decides and displays the fault code then it could always be that at fault.

That type of fault is not suitable for DIY investigation as its gas/safety related. That's apart from seeing that the flue outside has not become obstructed!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back