BIASI Combi Boiler - sounds like an aeroplane!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a (6 year old?) BAISI Riva Advance HE. It has started making a loud noise / vibration (similar to an aircraft engine). Noise was only happening when large heating demand made ie at CH switch on from cold or when large DHW demand (e.g. Hot bath tap opened). After a few minutes it would quieten down and run normally. Problem now getting worse and now happens for any DHW demand from cold start and it now trips out the boiler. Having searched google, suggestion seems to be pointing at worn bearings on fan (or possibly "combustion/air pressure?" set up needs looking at). My question is; assuming it is the fan bearings, can I lubricate the fan bearings just so I can buy myself a bit of time - just a month or so to get me to the other side of christmas. I can then look to get a permanent repair done? Also appears that WD40 is a big no no - what about silicone grease?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back