Biasi M110.32SM/e Iron oxide removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I need a bit of advice on removal of iron oxide build up in the DHW heat exchanger and obviously from the system itself.. We keep getting blockages of FE in the plates - now that I am on an enforced holiday from Airbus I thought its time to sort out the problem.
Before you ask we have had a B.gas contract on the boiler - however after reading through the posts it becomes obvious and I have to say personally embarrassing that despite being an engineer I took them at their word - limescale build up.....hmm 5mins with some hydrochloric and a magnet determined that it was iron. Still I am sure that the £150 anti scale they fitted and the 2 x £130 exchangers over 2 years is in the best interests of British Gas.

So the question is with time and not money on my hands what is the best way to attack the problem?

Sponsored Links
The antiscale was on the cold water feed to your boiler and so irrelevant to the primary of the plate HE being blocked.

Many boiler engineers dont know the exact meaning of some words and use them indescriminatly.

HCl will clear the metal oxides to an extent but citric acid is safer and better. There are several different compounds in the sludge and many are more complex but citric acid will deal with most although less good on carbonates.

There are a lot of posts on here about cleaning plate HEs if you search.

I read a couple of days ago about the French company having problems delivering enough A380s.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back