Biasi M90F 24S Pump leak.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. After a little bit of advice if possible.

Noticed a drip out of my boiler, took the panel off and saw that it's coming from the water pump. ( Wilo F - TF95 ) So I'm guessing the front gasket has gone. My question is, how do I isolate the water supply to the pump so I can undo the four bolts and replace the gasket? I've watched a few youtube videos but all the pumps had two gate valves at either end, but this doesn't seem to have any?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Sponsored Links
Thgis is a pump head fitted into the manifold behind.

But the motor is a sealed unit and its not possible to replace any parts of it.,

You need a replacement pump.

Tony

Hi Tony.

On the parts list there was Front and Back Gasket listed?

And there four capheads that join the body and the plastic part together, can I not just open them up and put the new gasket it in?

Regards

MArk

It is most unlikely that the pump fitting gasket is leaking.

Almost certainly the pump is leaking internally and the water you see is coming from the vent hole.

Caused by dirt in the water damaging the pump bearings.

But you can take the head off to inspect. If you do that feel the impeller for bearing wear.

Possibly remove the can to inspect the windings.

Tony

Sponsored Links
It's not leaking from the vent hole, it's completely dry. It's visibly leaking from the joint between the body and the plastic part at the back. I could show you a photograph if you like? Yeah I would take it off and inspect it, but I'm not sure of where I would isolated the water to the pump? Although, the hot water pressure everywhere in the house is terrible so maybe it is the pump?

Mark

You need to drain the boiler before removing the pump.

The pump has no effect on domestic water flow or pressure.

I have to say I cannot even remember ever seeing a leaking pump seal on that model!

Have you tested the torque on the pump screws?

A nice photo is always useful.

Tony

I wouldn't know where to even find the screws to test the torque haha.

Ive uploaded a few photos. Can't seem to attach them to this reply though? It's under the album '' Pics '' It's between the silver and black, at the bottom, where it's dripping.

Mark[/img]

I have looked at the photos in your profile but cannot see anything leaking in them.

If you cannot find the screws to remove the pump head I don't see how you expect to make any DIY repairs.

Tony

You made it sound like the screws to check the torque where separate to the four that i would undo to remove the silver part? Well, it is leaking. It's a trickle, but it is leaking.

Mark

Did you mean check how tight the four cap heads are? I thought you ment check how much torque the motor was producing.

Have you tested the torque on the pump screws?

Tony

I thought that was clear enough!

They need to be about as tight as you can make them on a "T" tool with a bar of 75 mm using one male hand.

Tony

No it wasn't clear. Being a mechanical engineer my mind automatically thought you meant the actual torque being produced by the motor, as you said earlier that you suspected it was a faulty motor/pump and not the gasket. Asking if the four bolts where tight would have been a lot clearer. They've been tight for the last how ever many years I wouldn't of thought they've just come looses. There's no vibration in the pump really when it's running. Anyway, you've answered my initial question.

Thank you for the advice. :D

Changed the gasket. Still Leaking! Found a little hole in the casing. So new pump it is! But, the replacement has different A & W values on the front of it, compared with whats already in. Does this matter?

MArk

It is most unlikely that the pump fitting gasket is leaking.

Almost certainly the pump is leaking internally and the water you see is coming from the vent hole.

Tony

Just as I had predicted !

Also just as I had predicted an APS was not at fault on one of the same model I visited today!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back