Biasi M96.28SM/C - Pilot Light not igniting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I live in a static home, and this is my boiler. The gas ran out yesterday and since putting in a new bottle, I have been unable to get the pilot light to ignite.

When I make a request for heat, a fan kicks in and the igniter starts sparking, but it then stops and the 3 lights are the bottom go from Green Flashing/Clear/Green Flashing to Green Flashing/Block Red/Green Flashing and the Pilot Light light goes red.

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
could be variety of things would be better to get someone in to keep cost down

whats a bottle ?

a cylinder.

I can't see a picture of the boiler, or its make and model.

Sponsored Links
Do you have another gas appliance in your static home a Hob or fire ? are they working Ok ?

Your boiler is actually A Biasi Riva Compact HE and it does not have a pilot light

Hob is working fine, as is the oven. It's just the boiler not kicking in when I request heat for the hot water and/or central heating.

what you call the pilot light light is the flame lockout neon , when you change the bottle some air can get in the line so you have to press the reset button next to it a few times to purge the air out, if it keeps locking out after a fair few tries you will need an engineer but it should come through eventually

• Thanks
Reactions: DH6
That seems to have been the problem, it's now turning on if I press the ignition button, some residual air in the lines I guess.

Many thanks :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back