Black Porcelain B&Q Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had the 60cm x 60cm black porcelain tiles fitted in my kitchen over the weekend... around 12sqm.

I don't think he's done a very good job,but its not bad (but it was only cheap £180 "Mates Rates")

Basically, the kitchen is in 2 halves, original and extension, and had been previously levelled. Just after the 'join' ther floor is still a bit uneven, and one of the tiles is sort of 'lower' than another causing a sort of ridge if you can imagine...

Is there any way I can sort this myself?

Also, do these tiles need any kind of treatment? Basically what he done was PVA the bare floor, then used the flexi mix or something to put tiles down, and then after 24 hours drying out, put black grout in. I'm finding it hard to get the grout off the tiles... any reccomendations?

Also do they need sealing or anything?

Sponsored Links
A quick search on here for polished porcelain tiles will throw up some of the problems with B&Q PP tiles re sealing/staining etc.

What was the floor concrete/screed or timber?

Jason

Hi peter the tiles will need to come again and relayed with tthe correct amount of adhesive, I can not see anyway other way around it.

Sponsored Links
I had the 60cm x 60cm black porcelain tiles fitted in my kitchen over the weekend... around 12sqm.

I don't think he's done a very good job,but its not bad (but it was only cheap £180 "Mates Rates")
The old saying you get what you pay for springs to mind

Just after the 'join' ther floor is still a bit uneven, and one of the tiles is sort of 'lower' than another causing a sort of ridge if you can imagine...
A spirit level when laying is always useful ;) also checking for high spots BEFORE the tiles are laid so you know if you need to bed up in areas

Is there any way I can sort this myself?
The lower tiles would need to be lifted and rebedded,you may be able pitch from one level to the other depending on the height difference.

I'm finding it hard to get the grout off the tiles... any reccomendations?
Wexa is pretty good at removing grout and a small scraper.

Recently I laid a floor 8sqm in a bathroom with 60x60cm,checked the floor before laying and spent about an hour chiseling off high spots,was worth it in the end though :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back