Blanking off piping for a bathtub?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm currently rebuilding our bedroom, and in the process I'm expanding the bedroom into the ensuite by removing a bathtub so that I can move the separating wall a meter into the ensuite. But underneath the bathtub is now a bit of a hole that I will need to fill with concrete to get an even floor. Since I have no need of the plumbing for the bathtub, what is recommended to do with it? I suppose that I could simply blank off the wastepipe and cover it under the concrete (or is that stupid?) but what should I do about the water pipes?

I did some searching on this site and found that "All Dead legs must be removed and plugged as near to the source as possible (Building Regs Part G3.)", but as the picture shows, the pipes simply goes into the concrete, so I'm not sure about what my options are?

Sponsored Links
I would cap the waste pipe off under the concrete making sure if it gets filled with concrete its not going to block any waste pipes further down the run

regards the hot and cold I would chisel away that compo and see where those pipes lead to not ideal capping them under the floor because if they leak you cannot get access to them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back