Block paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping to gets peoples opinions on how much it would cost to get a 4x4m2 area bloc paved.
Wanting to park a car on the pebbled area in the pics and have had some ridiculous quotes 4k upwards.

Would appreciate what an honest quote in the Nottingham area would cost?
The ground is just soil and looking to get the pebbled area bloc paved.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Pics attached

Attachments

• IMG_5729.JPG
    IMG_5729.JPG
    435.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5730.JPG
    IMG_5730.JPG
    418.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_5731.JPG
    IMG_5731.JPG
    415.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5732.JPG
    IMG_5732.JPG
    441.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5733.JPG
    IMG_5733.JPG
    384.8 KB · Views: 87
Sponsored Links
As a rough guide block paving on drives starts at about £50 a metre. Because the area is so small it wont be that cheap. If it really only is 16m/sq then i'd be surprised if it was more than £1500 quid. Clearly though there may be other issue which mean people on site are quoting much higher???

Perhaps approaching someone with a 'Im happy to wait, fit this in over winter when it suits' may tempt someone into it at a more suitable level for you.

The best advice that I could give is to first be absolutely sure of the spec that you want the block paving built to, because if you are unlucky enough to get a contractor that will talk you into accepting a standard that would leave the area to sink in a few years time.

http://www.pavingexpert.com/blocks.htm

This site is a good starting point , and I would have a look in your local area to see what the quality of your neighbors drives are like after a few years and ask around for recommended contractors.

Good luck
Mike

Hi sorry to resurrect an old thread.
Still a few years later looking to get this 4x4m2 area tidied up.
Block paving is going to be a bit expensive.

Wondering what peoples thoughts are on press paving and how much that would roughly cost?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
As it a drain off area,why not get some nice granite to make it neat and tidy.
2 to of ping grey granite would be about £140

Level it and park the car.
It will compact and when settled will just need the odd weed spray and a rake now and then.
Granite doesn't track and go everywhere like gravel.

To pave I'd expect around £1500 due to size.
With either block paving or standard 2x2 x50 mm gr slabs ..
You will need to check drainage if you pave it.
Hth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back