blockage in heating pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a heating system on a conventional boiler and most of the rads are working fine....but 2 are not....ive descovered there is a blockage maybe sludge or something in the affected area....but my problem is how do i clear it? the pipes are under a concrete floor so was looking at flushing them.....tried flushing it through but that has not cleared it ...any ideas ...thanks..

Sponsored Links
If the system is really slugded up the only real solution is a professional powerflush.

Couple of questions though.

1. Why do you think the pipe is blocked? There are lots of reasons a particular radiator or two doesn't get hot. Have you tried turnng off all other radiators except those that don't get hot and seeing if they heat up then?

2. How have you tried to flush the pipes?

If you drain and remove a problem radiator, then open up the valves one at a time, you will have some idea if the pipe is blocked or not by the flow that comes out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back