Blocked drain from kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Water drains very slowly from my kitchen sink.
Between where the drainage pipe comes out of the kitchen and the manhole, water comes up through the soil. I've lifted the manhole cover and this is not blocked. So I'm assuming the pipe is blocked inbetween where it comes out of the kitchen wall and the manhole (only about 3 yards). Presumably I should get a plumber in with some drain rods to clear? Although I'm concerned the underground pipe may need replacing and this will be expensive.
Thanks in advance for any advice. I've tried drain cleaner products and these haven't worked.

Sponsored Links
Get some rods from screwfix for about £20 and do the job yourself. One of the jobs you can do yourself... Just don't snap the rod in the pipe or you will have to get a plumber in to get it out :LOL:

Thanks
Is the water coming up through the soil a cause for concern or once the drain is cleared this should be OK?

I'm not a plumber but whenever I have had to clean my drain out when it is blocked the water seemed to do the same for me, once clear should flow much better and not come back up! Worked for me :LOL:

Sponsored Links
water coming up through the soil suggests there is a broken or collapsed pipe under it.

Start digging.

Having drain rods or cleaners is a waste of time if the pipe is broken.

If you are fond of digging you may find some nice red worms under there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back