Blocked drain off Kitchen

Thank you very much for your replys.

Problem is fixed!!!! YAY!!! :D

OH and his bro were out last night with the floodlights till 11pm but got it done (well....rest will come later)
Turned out there was a mother of all blockages right in the middle of a very long pipe. Said pipe was long as the inspection chamber we were looking in and trying to rod wasnt even connected to the kitchen drain (although it was like 3 metres from drain) Tryed to rod it through the old inspection chamber?? which my OH and bro still dont know why matey connected the drainage up like he did?? Another story lol
Anyhoo used 10m of drain rods with a makeshift extension thingy on the end to make it long enough to reach the blockage. But there seemed to be a bend and the plunger wouldnt go round so where they digged the hole to get the pipe near the drain they cut into it with a grinder as it was a clay pipe to make a hole and rodded it through that end.
All was going well was starting to unblock but then the rod snapped with 2 rods and the plunger on :eek: managed to get more rods and bang at it to shift it along. Its now about 2 foot from the inspection chamber apparently so OH is gonna have another go tonight when he home.

Ive had the washing machine on today and can notice a difference straight away. The water is clean on filling up and the clothes smell fresh.
The sink no longer makes a noise when i pour water down it, where it has for the 2 years we have lived here made a gurgling sound...i used to tell my 3 yr old it was the drain monster :LOL:

So all that needs doing is the plunger and 2 rods getting out the pipe than the hole in the pipe covered, hole filled in and voila!

Thanks again for your comments :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back