Blocks for external walls ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm going round in circles trying to find best blocks for an external wall to replace a fenceline which will merge with a new workshop to be built from the same - getting muddled info from different builders merchants. I see some nice 'off-white' reasonably smooth ones on some industrial units that are either natural colour or maybe painted but look natural to me ! Any advice/recommend who I can go to as a good builders merchant or manufacturer to contact ? Even a bright very light brown would do, and one other question can I do a lighter shade of mortar ?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
I think you've seen celcon/thermalite type light-weight blocks - but these are more costly, and not really worth using for a garden wall as their insulation properties are obviously wasted. They're typically not as durable, but on the plus side, they're a lot easier to handle!

What is wrong with using a standard concrete block, and rendering it?

Tom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back