Blocks not square top face to bottom.. does it matter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is a question for those who know about wall building….

I’ve had to cut some 140mm high Costone done to get 100mm blocks.. problem being that the saw was not perfect and has put a bit of a tapper on the top face…so if I measure one side of the block it’s 100mm… but the other side it’s 98mm… so a 2 mm taper over a 4” block.. does it matter?.. I’m assuming it will be taken up in the mortar between them….

Got to say that the blocks are not good to start with.. and some of the split face splits are way out.. like the top and bottom blade have been 10mm out of line resulting in a front face that tappers over the height of the 140’s!....

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that (taper being from the back of the block to the front).. I didn't want them pushing out... but guess it would have to be a lot more for it to do that... Not sure what other 'cast' products have.. maybe some of these have 'draw' to get them out of the mould??..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back